Meeting – Tuesday 3 July 2012
As a club we achieve a lot together. Toastmaster Rhonda can be proud of achieving a well organised meeting today. And with some standout performances from Troy Martin and Tony Hartigan, we can be proud of the talent coming through this club. Clinton had a great epiphany as the general evaluator and summed up his experience of the meeting as ‘coming home’, like being at a favourite cafe or restaurant – it just feels good to be here.
- Hospitality – Peter(set the scene and greeted everyone at the door)
- Sergeant at Arms – John (what we do without him?)
- Timekeeper – Ruth (commended for keeping us on track)
- President – Jo (first meeting as president – superb job)
- Toastmaster – Rhonda (injected enthusiasm and energy – welcome back!)
- Grammarian – Cassia (word of the day “epiphany”)
- Table topics master – Mohammed (taunted us with some topical teasers)
- Table topics speakers – Tony M, Raj, Brenda, Pete, Jeremy, John – stepped to the plate!
- Table topics evaluator – Big Dave
- Speakers – Troy Martin (impressive debut with “Protein, Hip Hop and Time Magazine”), Tony “masterclass” Hartigan was brilliant!
- Evaluators – Ben, Glenn F
- Special Guest – Ethina
- Apologies – Marlene, Steve D, Marieke, Nadene, Warwick
“The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.” – courtesy of Jo
“Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King Jr – courtesy of Tony H
Well done – see you all in two weeks!