Meeting – Tuesday 31 July 2012
With the London games well under way, the highly anticipated event, all the way in Penrose, Auckland (NZ) this morning was the CP Track & Field Meet. It was a cheerful and dazzling display of learning, inspiration and Olympic glory.
- Toastmaster – Ben kept the athletes on track
- Village Hospitality/security – Eric made the ceremonious occasion at CP come alive (Go Zimbabwe!)
- Timer – Troy kept everyone to record timing
- Grammarian official – Mohammed was disappointed his team did not over use the word of the day: verbosity
- Table topics monitor – Raj launched his competitors into 60 seconds of pure adrenaline
- Table topics tally – Clinton, Cassia, Dave, Eric, Jo, Steve D, Tony H all deserved their medals for taking the TT challenge.
- TT Evaluators – Rhonda & Nadene, contact centre communicators at their best
- Speaker 1 – Ruth – CC#6 “How are you really?” – “Yay it’s Monday!” delightful, engaging and so true.
- Speaker 2 – Warwick CC#9 “Scratch the surface” – dug deep and gave us lots to think about – well done!
- Evaluators – Brenda, Glenn F and Marlene (General Evaluator) – all champions for delivering excellent feedback
- Closing medal ceremony – Jo – classy performance from the president, now in her stride.
- And John got to wave his flag with the last word (nice work from the Sergeant at Arms)
- Apologies – Jeremy, Steve T, Marieke, Peter
“Losers visualise the penalties of failure, and winners visualise the rewards of success.”―Rob Gilbert
“I think everything is possible as long as you put your mind, work and time into it.” ― Michael Phelps
Thanks for a marvellous meeting. See you in two weeks. Go for Gold!