Meeting – Tuesday 23 October 2012
Theme: Dare to Dream
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.”
William Arthur Ward
A wonderful way to kick start the day – turn up to Central Park HQ for some inspired learning. Ruth ran a well organised meeting and was superb in the Toastmaster role.
Special congratulations to Marlene for a fantastic milestone in her Toastmasters career. She is well on her way to achieving the club’s first DTM. Well done Marlene – your personal commitment to growth has paid off and is an inspiration to us all!
- President – Jo – warm and encouraging as always in her opening address to the club.
- Toastmaster – Ruth – delightful facilitation skills, a natural presenter
- Sergeant at arms – although revelations of his recent driving habits is cause for concern – we can always count on him for freshly brewed coffee and breakfast. Thanks John!
- Hospitality – Warwick – cheerful as ever!
- Timer – Brenda – flawless like clock work!
- Grammarian – Ben – Word of the day ‘Fracas’
- TT Master – Cassia – a great range topics to test our participants
- TT Evaluators – Rhonda & Mohammed relayed some great feedback to help our impromptu speakers
- Table topic participants – Steve T shares his ideal holiday, John tests the speeding limit, Warwick defends himself as Lance Armstrong, Jo comments on Russell Crowe’s replacement options and Nadene wraps up with a report on Richie McCaw!
- Speaker 1 – Steve D – some good solid tips on managing nervousness, well done mate!
- Speaker 2 – Jeremy – impressive and informative – historical insight into the development of the Toastmasters International we know today.
- Speaker 3 – Nadene – “The gifts that are given to us” – a personal tale of some furry friends, two in particular Eric and Stan the Man (King of the Castle). RIP Eric the Cat – you will be missed.
- Evaluators – Glenn, Steve T, Glenn F all provided useful evaluations for our speakers and club members to learn from.
- General Evaluator – Marlene – thorough report of the day’s meeting
- Special guest – Kris
- Apologies – Marieke, Raj
- Semi- annuals – please contact Brenda.
- This weekend – Clinton is representing the club in the humourous contest on Sunday morning from 8.30am onwards (28 Oct) at the Mt Eden Memorial Hall! Go Clinton – all the very best!
See you all at the next meeting on 6 November!
“There will always be dreams grander or humbler than your own, but there will never be a dream exactly like your own…for you are unique and more wondrous than you know.”